Health & Safety Trainer
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Health & Safety Trainer
RATE: £20 - £27/ hr (Ltd)
My client is one of the UK's leading engineering solution providers, delivering consulting, project delivery and O&M services to major blue-chip customers in nuclear, petro-chemical, Oil & Gas, marine market sectors etc. This organisation is one of the true leaders in the global heavy engineering sector, a true innovator and a trusted brand that enhances the credentials of any of its workers and employees.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- NEBOSH diploma
- Health and Safety Practitioner
- Train the trainer
- Member of IOTD
- Member of IOSH
- Understanding of the Devonport (or Shipyard) site operations and work practices.
- To support the creation of a working environment and culture that promotes and provides a safe and healthy workplace for all employees and their working partners at Devonport.
- To deliver mandatory Health and Safety training and provide subject matter expertise input into the existing training programmes through agreement with the course sponsor or Interim Safety Improvement and Training Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities are:
- Training delivery: accountable to the Interim Safety Improvement and Training Manager: provide professional training to employees with a wide range of experience, predominantly within the Health and Safety discipline but also provide assistance with generic training for example Hotwork de-confliction. All training to be delivered to a professional standard.
- Courseware maintenance: liaise with Interim Safety Improvement and Training Manager and provide SME support for the routine review and amendment of training courseware. Any amendments to be agreed by course sponsor.
- Administration; to conduct all administration and reporting activities associated with the delivery of training and otherwise conducted by the Interim Safety Improvement and Training Manager.
- Courseware maintenance: to ensure H&S training is delivered to comply with current UK regulations.
- Administration: to ensure the training team coordinate efforts to maximise resource of training available.
- Training delivery: to align current courses (where possible) with the British Safety Council accredited courses.
- Training delivery: to deliver training as identified by the implementation team for successful roll out of the SHE passport programme.
- Training delivery: to maintain the standards set by the British Safety Council to ensure training delivery compliance.
- Administration: to begin working towards a quality management system whereby all training courses have written objectives and lesson plans. Ensure that courseware revisions are tracked on a central database and training content is secure so that consistent course content is delivered.
- Support; provide support to the Interim Safety Improvement and Training Manager.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.