Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Planner
RATE: £40 - £45/ hr Ltd
- Ability to produce a feasible programme of activities from a given scope of work.
- Communication skills to liaise with all relevant parties to report accurate contract status.
- An ability to anticipate and highlight critical programme areas for management action.
- Fluency in Primavera P6 and excel to provide prompt accurate and regular information.
- Awareness of the technical implications and interfaces to be able to programme work effectively.
- Awareness of the impact of planning on safety, quality and cost considerations.
- To produce all necessary programmes at the appropriate times to reflect the overall contract requirements.
- To monitor and update all contract programmes by relevant discussion with all relevant parties.
- To predict and communicate critical path deviations to enable management to take corrective action.
- To optimise the use of approved computer software packages to ensure accountabilities 1 - 3 are met.
- To incorporate emergent works effectively into existing programmes.
- To report progress against programme on a regular basis and record any delays with associated reasoning.
- Produce programme
- Monitor programme continually against performance
- Incorporate programme variations
- Programme report to client/management
- Anticipate problem areas regarding critical paths and advise remedial action.
- Allocate the estimate costs to the activities on the programme and assist in the baselining of the programme.
- Development and communication of resource requirements necessary to meet the demands of the project timescales.
- Analyse Earned Value Performance on the project
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Relevant HNC/Degree qualification
- QCF Diploma Level 3/5 Planning
- APMP Practitioner
- Craft training, supported by relevant CPD training
- Sufficient and appropriate assistant/trainee Planning Engineer experience.
- Sufficient and appropriate experience in Petrochemical, Power & Process Industry Sectors.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.