Test (Commissioning) Engineer
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Test (Commissioning) Engineers
RATE: £35/ HR LTD
My client is one of the UK's leading engineering solution providers based at Her Majesty's Naval Base, Devonport, the largest Naval Dockyard in North West Europe which employs in the region of 5,500 people. This is one of the three operating bases in the United Kingdom for the Royal Navy. They supply naval base support functions for the Ministry of Defence delivering critical in-service support and deep maintenance for the UK's military estate.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Knowledge of Royal Naval platforms
- Knowledge of Electrical / Mechanical Marine Systems
- Experience of commissioning process
- Knowledge of Power and Distribution equipment/systems
- Knowledge of Mechanical Auxiliary Systems
- Flexibility and good team player essential.
- Knowledge Diesel; Generators advantageous
- Time served Apprenticeship in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- ONC in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, a lower level of qualification may be acceptable provided the post holder has substantial and relevant experience
- Baseline clearance required before you can start.
To be part of a team of Engineers within the Commissioning Group (Warships), carrying out Inspections and Commissioning on HM Warships. Including liaising with both Royal Navy and Project staff on a daily basis. Completion of Test Documentation and Certification is another key role within this job.
Main Tasks Responsibilities
To ensure the safe operation of all plant during the conduct of setting to work and commissioning and to comply with the requirements of Company procedures.
The inspection, testing, calibration and commissioning of systems and equipment in accordance with authorised documentation. This may include carrying out fault finding, proposing corrective solutions and identifying/signing off defects
Researching and compiling test documentation in accordance with the test index and ensuring that the requirements of the work specification are understood
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.