Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: HR Coordinator
SALARY: £19,004 - £21,114
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Good general level of education, working towards an HR qualification would be advantageous
- Familiarity with common office systems, procedures, equipment and facilities
- Experience in working in a complex HR administrative environment and against tight deadlines
- Good organisational skills and proven administrative capability
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office, experience of using Oracle would be helpful
- Ability to work in a close team, multi-tasking and sharing workloads
- Ability to remain confidential at all times
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to use initiative and provide solutions to ad hoc problems
Working within the Police Staff HR Team the role interacts with all areas and levels of the organisation to provide administrative support and guidance. It is complex due to the confidential nature of the work and significant attention needs to be given to actions and advice linked to pay and conditions of service.
There is a requirement to liaise with external third parties (eg. pension and payroll provider, recruitment agencies and the shared service provider) to ensure the delivery of an accurate and timely service to our customers.
To provide a first class Human Resources service to our customers in aligning people's focus and efforts to the achievement of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary's strategic priorities by implementing both the values of the HR department and those of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary; therefore enabling the successful protection of special nuclear material and facilities.
To provide administrative support and guidance to our customers both internally and externally regarding all aspects of recruitment and some employee lifecycle events.
Recruitment: process police officer applications from initial advert to offer of employment providing managers with the ability to fill critical roles in line with organisational requirements. Ensure each candidate receives guidance on the recruitment and vetting process to maintain a professional customer service. Liaise with the managers to implement the most effective recruitment methods in line with HR police and guidance. Co-ordinate with the shared service provider to ensure the new employees are entered into the HR ERP system and all associated tasks are processed to provide the new employee with everything needed for joining the organisation.
MFSS: co-ordinate and manage processes with the shared service provider in accordance with agreed documentation to deliver employee lifecycle events in response to employee service requests. Ensure employee requests are processed quickly and accurately, particularly in line with payroll deadlines, and expectations are managed with the customer. Employee lifecycle events include; starters, movers, promotions &pay increments
- Continuous improvement: review administrative processes in line with best practice to find ways to improve their effectiveness. Recommend changes to procedures where enhancements could streamline team productivity consistent with lean methodology.
- Guidance: deliver accurate advice and guidance to employees and third parties upon receipt of ad hoc queries by interpreting policies and procedures accordingly to achieve a successful HR service.
- Documentation: ensure accurate compliance of record management within the provisions of the Data Protection Act and ensure records are either archived or destroyed within the appropriate time scales. Ensure that all material is stored in an appropriate manner using established procedures to enable records to be readily identified and located. Search and retrieve information as required and maintain the security and confidentiality of all material handled both within the organisation and third parties', ensuring that information is only supplied to authorised personnel.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.