Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Project Manager
RATE: Up to £58/ hr (Ltd)
My client is one of the UK's leading engineering solution providers, delivering consulting, project delivery and O&M services to major blue-chip customers in nuclear, petro-chemical, Oil & Gas, marine market sectors etc. This organisation is one of the true leaders in the global heavy engineering sector, a true innovator and a trusted brand that enhances the credentials of any of its workers and employees.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience
- APMP or Prince 2 qualified or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Stakeholder management
- Team working
- Team leadership
- Organised approach
- A sound knowledge and understanding of project management methods and leadership skills
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- Experience of managing complex IT projects desirable
- Experience of working in the defence industry
- Flexibility in travel and working hours as required
- The purpose of this role is to manage the delivery of medium sized projects to the agreed budget, timescales and quality standard.
- The role holder must have experience in the relevant domain and have the ability to work with the customer providing knowledge and expertise in the specified field in order to deliver business solutions.
Key role responsibilities
- Taking full responsibility for the technical definition, documentation and successful completion of medium scale projects (typically 3 - 6 months, with medium scale challenges and business impact)
- Provide effective team leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Ensure that realistic project, quality, change control and risk management processes are prepared and maintained. Provide regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Manage and change control procedure, and ensures that projects are delivered and accepted within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Ensures quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Monitor and control project resources against the project budget and manage the expectations of all project stakeholders.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.