Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Electrical Technician
LOCATION: Torness Power Station
RATE: £28.00 per hour Ltd
My client, Cavendish Nuclear, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish Nuclear is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and has offices and sites located across the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish Nuclear innovates to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and delivers across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle; from design and build, through to operations and maintenance, decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with the organisation is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When becoming part of the Cavendish Nuclear team, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
Completion of a recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship Scheme.
Successful completion of current IEE Regulations Training e.g. BS 7571 Wiring Regulations 17th Edition or later.
CCNSG Safety Passport or CSCS
CTC Security Clearance
IDEALLY YOU WILL ALSO HAVE:
Experience of C&I work (e.g. equipment calibration) would be beneficial.
Experience of work on EDF Power Stations or in the Nuclear Environment would be beneficial.
The Electrical Technician shall:
1) Report to the Cavendish Site Supervisor or Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
2) Install and maintain Low Voltage Plant/Equipment.
3) Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671).
4) Work in compliance with the requirements of the Cavendish Nuclear Safety Procedures.
5) Perform work so as to avoid danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
6) Undertake on electrical systems/equipment in line with EDF Energy Safety Rules.
7) Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
8) Refrain from interference with any safety equipment provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc).
9) Build only to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations.
10) Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review, & Tell, whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
11) Attend weekly Toolbox Talks relating to matters of safety and Company policy.
12) Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
13) Participate in the Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs.
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. He/she shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.