Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Manufacturing Engineer (Nuclear)
RATE: Up to £45/ hr Ltd
My client, Cavendish Nuclear, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish Nuclear is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and has offices and sites located across the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish Nuclear innovates to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and delivers across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle; from design and build, through to operations and maintenance, decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with the organisation is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When becoming part of the Cavendish Nuclear team, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- HNC Minimum
- Must be happy to travel (Nationally) on a weekly basis
- Nuclear experience or experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting Equipment etc.
Up to date with the latest technology and has the ability to specify proprietary equipment
for use in bespoke design systems.
- Has knowledge of common engineering materials.
- Has working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by Legislation.(and applicable Directives).
- Has working experience in CE marking process and specifically contents of Technical File.
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Has working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Has a good knowledge of fabrication techniques
- Has a good knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy
- Good knowledge of Geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
IDEALLY YOU WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Chartered Status
- Degree Qualified
- Chartered Status
- Some "hands on" experience
- Established relationships with SMEs
- Establish knowledge of SL manufacturing projects and knowledge of the SL systems
- Capable of making sound decisions based on available information protecting the interests of SL and the Programme
- Understand the significance of the project, the safety implications and the application of ALARP principles in their decision making
- Good communication skills to negotiate responses and manage interfaces between internal stakeholders and external stakeholders
- The ability to understand and translate the complex issues to differing audiences
- Understanding of manufacturing issues for a volume product
- Understanding of Geometric Product Specification (ISO GPS) (BS 8888, 8015 etc.) and its application
- Understanding of modern manufacturing processes incl. machining, welding and metrology
- Understanding of stainless materials, ideally duplex materials.
- Ability to travel to (Cambridgeshire) on a weekly basis
- Ability to travel to suppliers in north east England on a weekly basis
- Ability to travel to Warrington where the Sellafield Design team is based.
Able to take responsibility for delivery of mechanical work package to programme, budget and required quality.
Effective utilisation of mechanical design resources required to support the Project Mangers in meeting their Project programme work packages and provide reporting information to the Project Manager.
Ensure appropriate engineering standards are used and that engineering solutions are fit for purpose and achievable.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.