Location: North West England, United Kingdom
Job DescriptionRullion have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to be part of a prestigious contract with a leading Rail Company at their new Technology Centre in Widnes, Merseyside.
The facility has been opened in line with the repaint project, as part of the refurbishment of 56 trains. The repainting team is 80 strong and your role of spray painter is to work with your team and alongside a team of mechanical fitters, to deliver a full external re-spray of the train. Spraying panels both in-situ on the train car as well as parts which have been removed from the main carriage, stripped and prepped ready for painting.
You will report to the Senior Operations Manager on the management of operational staff, to ensure project targets and contractual obligations are achieved or exceeded. Support the preparation and execution of internally produced services/parts and internally based projects in accordance with customer expectations whilst adhering to the requirements of Health & Safety policies. There is also an opportunity to undertake train driving and shunting activities as required in line with production requirements.
Hours: 37 hours per week.
Duration: October 2019 (Possibly December 2019)
Rate: £25.18 per hour through an Umbrella/Limited Company status.
- Support the planning and execution of internally produced services/parts and internally based projects.
- Management and organisation of production staff including product testers, to deliver daily production requirements in order to meet the project/business objectives.
- Report with transparency, the status of the project and its KPIs, as and when required.
- Review operational project risks, implementing required and agreed mitigation initiatives.
- Monitoring working practices and environment to ensure that people and facilities meet all requirements (inc. promotion of 5S culture within teams/facility).
- Initiate, coordinate and support continuous improvement activities within the workshop.
- Ensure that critical issues are identified in reviews and proactively / professionally addressed and followed up.
- Delivery of daily production requirements.
- Optimisation of production efficiencies.
- Maintaining of 5S within the Production Facility.
Qualified to HNC/Degree Level (or adequate previous work experience)
- Good IT skills and previous management of teams (Managers/Staff)
- Good knowledge of railway products and systems,
- Conflict management and interpersonal skills,
- Team spirit approach and good communication skills,
- Communication abilities to obtain collaboration from the matrix organisation involved in SQDC,
- Anticipation and clear reporting,
Further details can be provided upon application.
Please note that our client operates to a strict and clear Drugs & Alcohol Policy.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.