Senior Process Engineer
Job DescriptionJob Role: Senior Process Engineer
Salary: £40000 - £42000 pa + EXCELLENT benefits
12 month fixed term contract with view to extend
About the Role
Rullion has a fantastic opportunity for an Senior Process Engineer with Scotland Leading Clean & Waste water authority based in Aberdeen. Our clients is a multi-million pound turnover company voted in the top 5 companies to work for in Scotland.
You will be the lead Process expert covering Sewage and Sludge Treatment facilities in North East Scotland. Your primary responsibility is to lead Process initiatives to ensure sites comply with effluent limits set by SEPA and drive performance standards agreed with the water authority.
Your high level of Process excellence as a leading member of the Operations team will deliver effective plans to improve environmental compliance at reduced cost, lead Treatment Process optimisation, and develop team understanding of the root causes of compliance shortcomings.
You will put systems in place to set and ensure that critical operating parameters are tracked and responded to optimally in-order to minimise treatment risks.
You will have personal responsibility for ensuring that the site processes are run to the optimum, providing the highest level of treatment with sound financial foundations.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required
Experience of driving sustainable performance improvements and meeting challenging business targets;
- excellent analytical and fault diagnosis skills, the ability to solve complex problems,
- drive recommendations and improvements using a structured approach.
- The successful candidate will have strong influencing skills to support and embed the changes identified, driving the right culture and behaviours.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels across the business.
- You will be responsible for running several reports within the role. Ensuring these reports and IT systems are accurate and meet specific deadlines whilst adhering to required standards.
You must have previously been a leading Process team member on Operational sites which will set you apart from other candidates.
Ideally a degree in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline and a proven track record in a similar technical role.
A minimum of five years' experience and knowledge of the UK water industry: with an expert understanding of Wastewater and Sludge Treatment Plants and assets.
Travel around the region is required in the role and a full, valid EU driving licence is required.
Salary up to £42,000 depending on experience, plus benefits.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.