Location: Reading, United Kingdom, South East England
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Waste Officer
RATE: Up-to £30.25/ hr (ltd) DOE
My client, Cavendish Nuclear, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish Nuclear is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and has offices and sites located across the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish Nuclear innovates to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and delivers across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle; from design and build, through to operations and maintenance, decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with the organisation is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When becoming part of the Cavendish Nuclear team, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- This role will require the use of RPE so the candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment medical and routine D&A testing
- The role requires minimum SC clearance for site access and the chosen candidate must be willing to undergo and obtain DV clearance.
- Good analytical abilities. Good computer skills are essential.
- Positive, self-motivating and open to change.
- Takes responsibility for their own decisions and understands the impacts on their area.
- Good communicator both written & oral with staff at all levels.
- Inquisitive nature and desire to drive constant improvement.
- Ability to work independently and to generate and plan own programmes of work with the knowledge of when to seek advice from the Waste Specialist.
- Ability to work effectively and enthusiastically as part of a team where necessary.
- Ability to conduct audits and investigations and to assess proposed improvement schemes.
- Understanding of the fundamental requirements of the waste hierarchy and waste segregation and storage.
- Self-confidence to challenge long established processes and activities in order to manage waste in line with the waste hierarchy.
- Willingness to undertake necessary training and update knowledge as and when required.
IDEALLY YOU WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Waste Management/Environmental qualifications would be an advantage.
- A background in Waste Management/Environmental operations would be an advantageous.
Our client require a Waste Officer to work on the AWE Aldermaston site undertaking all waste related tasks and issues associated with the clients current Decommissioning project.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.