Senior Designer (Inventor)
Location: North West England, Warrington, United Kingdom
Senior Designer (Inventor)
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Senior Designer (Inventor)
LOCATION: Dalton Avenue, Warrington, WA36YD
RATE: £32.07 per hour Ltd
My client, Cavendish Nuclear, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish Nuclear is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and has offices and sites located across the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish Nuclear innovates to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and delivers across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle; from design and build, through to operations and maintenance, decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with the organisation is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When becoming part of the Cavendish Nuclear team, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- HNC qualified (ONC Minimum)
- Experience of producing mechanical designs using Inventor.
- Recent experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, and Lifting Equipment etc.
- Able to provide fit for purpose and cost effective designs to timescale and budget, ensuring minimum rework following checking.
- Understands the general methodology for nuclear engineering design i.e. the need for modularisation, surface finish, and specialist maintenance requirements.
- With guidance, can provide material and hardware selection to suit the design criteria.
- Experienced at outputting design documentation in the form of GAs, SAs, detail drawings and fabrications. Incorporating weld symbols, limits & fits and geometrical tolerances as appropriate.
- Capable of self-checking of their work to a high standard prior to issue for formal independent checking.
IDEALLY YOU WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Experience within a Vault environment is useful.
- Preferably, has a working knowledge of MHDs, MSDs, DPDs and MFDs as used in the Nuclear industry.
- Preferably will have some nuclear experience
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.