Senior Structural Engineer
Location: Scotland, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Senior Structural Engineer
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Senior Structural Engineer (Drilling)
Rullion are in partnership with a well known Oil & Gas Engineering & Consulting business. They are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to work on a contract basis from their site in Aberdeen.
As Senior Structural Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of drilling structures including riser analysis, subsea conductor analysis, jack up conductor analysis and platform conductor analysis for clients in the North Sea and worldwide.
In addition, you will be supporting exploration drilling activities and conductor design, as well as providing day to day operational support to their clients fixed assets, many of which are operating in life extension with well components, such as conductors, connectors, guides and guide frames, suffering degradation and wear. As part of the structural team, you may also contribute to or lead other aspects of structural integrity management including jacket and topsides analysis, inspection review and brownfield design.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Engineering degree (honours or equivalent) in mechanical, structural, civil, naval architecture or equivalent discipline.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered status with a professional institution.
- Offshore structural analysis experience of drilling risers and conductors using software such as FLEXCOM (preferred) or ORCAFLEX.
- Technical understanding of environmental wave loading and/or vessel motions.
- Proven success in delivering drilling structures projects against time, cost, and quality objectives.
- Experience of managing small teams
- It is desirable for the applicant to have offshore structural analysis experience of jackets, topsides, floating and subsea systems - particularly using SESAM software. Non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS and USFOS and other comparable software packages is considered advantageous.
Do you have offshore structural analysis experience of drilling risers and conductors using software such as FLEXCOM, Abaqus, and Shear7? Are you looking for the career opportunity to progress to Principal Engineer level? If so, this could be the role for you!
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Due to the high volumes of applicants we receive, regrettably we are unable to respond to all applications individually. If you've not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.