Lead Mechanical Engineer
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Lead Mechanical Engineer
START DATE: ASAP
Rullion are currently working with a leading international, multi-disciplinary, industrial services company, who focuses in the Oil & Gas, Chemical, Utilities, Power, Nuclear and Pharmaceutical industries across the UK.
They are looking to strengthen their engineering team to meet forthcoming project requirements with Lead Engineers across all disciplines to manage overall design input into projects. In particular, they require experienced engineers who have worked within a Project EPC environment and have a proven record of managing the engineering requirements within that environment.
The successful Lead Mechanical Engineer will undertake specification and design activities, including feasibility studies, project strategies, programming, estimating, front end design, through to detailed design, interfacing with other disciplines, supporting site construction and commissioning activities.
Experience and qualifications needed:
- HNC minimum in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- 5+ years experience in Mechanical Engineering design
- Sound technical knowledge and expertise in all areas of mechanical engineering
- Experience in the process industries (chemicals, energy and waste recycling projects)
- Experienced in the selection & specification of relevant equipment, e.g. piping, valves, traps, strainers, hoses, vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, filters, packaged plant, etc
- Knowledge and application of all key relevant British and European standards, regulations and codes of practice, e.g. PED, PSSR, Pressure Vessel codes, ATEX etc
This role offers a generous salary along with a competitive package including holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays, holiday accrual scheme, holiday purchase and sell scheme, pension, private medical insurance, dental plan, cycle to work, eyecare vouchers and death in service.
Are you a positive, self driven individual looking for their next career move? Want to be a part of a growing company? If you are suitable for the role and interested in working for a forward thinking and exciting global company APPLY NOW!
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.