Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: MEP Technician
LOCATION: Salford Quays
RATE: £35/ hr (ltd)
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- HNC/ HND or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Ideally Eng. Tech TMICE or working towards.
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- High level of proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software. Working knowledge of Autodesk REVIT as a must.
- Significant CAD experience preferably in the majority of the following market sectors: industrial, manufacturing and energy, life sciences and chemicals, transport (rail and aviation), infrastructure and utilities, public sector, nuclear.
- Ability to produce 2D & 3D C&S deliverables from concept through to fully co-ordinated detailed design
- Knowledge and experience of traditional building materials, e.g. Steel, Timber, Concrete and RC detailing, and overall site wide infrastructure and earthworks.
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Knowledge of current UK technical standards/publications and legislation requirements
- Knowledge of standard details and solutions, and compliance.
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software i.e. word, excel, etc.
- Be responsible for the production of schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating CAD drawings to internal and/or customer standards.
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with CAD technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
- Provide support to CAD technicians, trainees and graduates in their professional development.
- Provide technical mentoring to junior members of the CAD team
- Promote and achieve excellent service through Perfect Delivery
- Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of deliverables and record documentation in accordance with company QA procedures
- Take lead responsibility for the registering and document control of all incoming information and outgoing deliverables.
- Take lead responsibility for maintaining drawing records, such as check and record file copies
- Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations
- Attend and occasionally present in-house CAD courses and seminars
- Keep up to date with design trends/competitor awareness /design techniques (BIM etc.)
- Interact on project standards coordination with customers
- Report to management team to ensure that resource requirements are utilised efficiently.
- Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Represent MSPS in external project technical meetings if required
- Review specialist subcontractors/ supplier's production drawings for technical compliance with design intent
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.