Job Title Document Controller/Project Services
Pay: up to £150 per day
Contract duration: 3 months View to extend
Reports to Project Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- Develops, implements and maintains processes related to document control and management, working with the project team in order to implement systems of control;
- Controls the numbering, filing, sorting and retrieval of electronically stored or hard copy documentation produced by technical teams, projects or departments in a timely, accurate and efficient manner;
- Ensure Document Management consistency across all Projects, rigorously maintaining control and traceability of the documentation from Project initiation throughout completion.
Works within the following business units of Gas Storage Projects:
Project Management (PMO), Governance (GOV), Quality (QMS), Document Control and Control of Records (DOC), Engineering and Design (ENG), Continual Improvement (IMP), Business Management (BMS), Communications (COM) and Administration (ADM).
Provides additional support to the following business units:
Finance (FIN), Planning (PLN), Risk (RMS), Safety Health and Environment (SHE), Commercial, Insurance and Legal (CIL), Procurement (PUR), Stock and Stores (STK), Human Resources (HRM) and Information Technology and Services (ITS).
Provide efficient and effective Document Management System administration;
Undertake other administrative duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Awareness of activities and objectives an advantage;
- Knowledge of relevant company procedures and systems.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / COMPETENCIES
- Analyse and systematically solve problems;
- Continually seek better ways of working;
- Present information clearly and concisely;
- Prioritise and coordinate different tasks;
- Maintain a positive view of the team and the company;
- Maintain good working relationships with internal customers and external suppliers;
- Use own initiative;
- Work flexibly as part of a diverse team;
- Work to deadlines;
- Work unsupervised.
- Attention to detail;
- Concern for standards;
- Customer focus;
- Personal motivation and initiative;
- Results orientation;
- Time management and organising.
Types of Jobs Managed by Jobholder No of staff Direct/Indirect
Provide Project Administration solutions to Project Leads and Gas Storage Projects management 5-10 Direct
Provide DMS administration and support to other Project Team Members Many Indirect
Provide general administrative support to other Team Members as required Many Indirect
KEY PROJECTS / ACTIVITIES MANAGED
Administration / Document Control / Control of Records
- Maintain GSP Project Database;
- Establish project folders;
- Create Project registers and logs;
- Update Project Document Registers;
- Internal audit/review of project documents;
- Maintenance of Asset Registers;
- Assist in the collation of End of Manufacturing Reports;
- Identify and suggest potential improvements to tasks or processes.
- Implement and/or maintain document control processes and procedures
- Manage all workflows and transmission of hard and soft copy documents
- Maintain and manage electronic and hard copy documents as required
- Process incoming documentation (registration in the DMS, internal distribution, archiving)
- Process outgoing documentation (transmit to Client and Suppliers/3rd parties)
- Makes sure that controlled copies of latest approved documents and drawings are distributed internally and externally (Clients and Suppliers)
- Ensure control and coordination of projects documentation and data
- Ensure all drawings/documentation are correctly identified, distributed and filed/stored
- General document control activities such as photocopying, scanning, analysis of suppliers' documents, compliance with Project standards regarding numbering and all other aspects related to document quality
- Assistance in the preparation collation and issue of reports and registers as may be required
- Communicate and liaise with Project Teams, Suppliers/3rd parties to agree standards, systems, efficient flow of documentation, handover and close-out of Project activity to ensure consistency in document control as required
- Monitor technical documents review and approval in accordance with agreed schedule
- Monitoring of documentation progress
- Produce internal and external (Clients and Suppliers) over-due reports
- Ensure the use of standardised forms and templates
- Set-up Projects folders and facilitate Project communication process
- Establish and maintain the Master Document Register in cooperation with the Project team
- Collate, produce and submit QA Documentation to the Client
- Assist in the definition and documentation of processes, including the drafting of Flow Charts, Work Instructions and Forms;
- Review project action trackers with a view to maintenance;
- Review individual Project status against Governance and Process deliverables;
- Assist in the preparation, collation and submission of materials for governance reviews.
- Be actively involved in Business and Process Improvement activities;
- Assist in Internal Audit activities and Process Reviews, reporting findings and providing recommendations;
- Contribute to Lessons Learned;
- Maintain global Transmittal Logs;
- Maintain Projects Communication Logs;
- Vendor / Contractor engagement;
- Maintain Communications Lists.
Provides support for site-based IT activities as follows:
- Arrange for provision of PCs, printers, photocopiers and faxes;
- Provision of SSENET, Citrix and e-mail access for permanent and temporary staff;
- Managing IT Service Desk requests on behalf of new starters ;
- Maintaining records of local IT equipment;
- Inducting site staff and contractors in the requirements of the IT systems;
Personnel / HR
- Records, processes and reports as required on overtime, sickness, expenses and staff holidays;
- Manages temporary support services administration staff as required.
Maintain Gas Storage Projects training and competency systems if required such that:
- Internal training (including refresher training) is coordinated, arranged and facilitated;
- External training (including refresher training) is coordinated and arranged;
- Up-to-date training and competency records are maintained;
to help deliver a skilled and competent workforce.
Maintains administration procedures if required such that they are:
- Readily available;
- Up to date; and
- Compliant with Corporate Standards and Generation Procedures;
to maximise their value to the business;
Provides administrative support if required for managing:
- Key Performance Indicator data collection and presentation;
- Meeting room bookings;
- Provision of information through noticeboards, LCD displays etc.;
- Travel requests;
- Setting up meetings / teleconferences as agreed;
- Other systems as agreed;
- Event booking and management;
to help maintain efficient business work processes.
Speak to Richard Stainforth today