Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Construction Planning Manager
LOCATION: Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth
RATE: £35.00 - £45.00 per hour
My client is one of the UK's leading engineering solution providers based at Her Majesty's Naval Base, Devonport, the largest Naval Dockyard in North West Europe which employs in the region of 5,500 people. This is one of the three operating bases in the United Kingdom for the Royal Navy. They supply naval base support functions for the Ministry of Defence delivering critical in-service support and deep maintenance for the UK's military estate.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Worked with Project Managers to deliver successfully packages of work on major multi-disciplined projects.
- Planning experience in a project based engineering environment using Primavera planning software. Project planning and change management for small/medium/large sized projects
- Supervised junior members of planning staff.
- Worked in a tender planning environment.
- HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
- You will support Project Managers in the delivery of projects by providing a high level planning service for the preparation of project plans, producing baseline scheduled tasks, resource profiles and financial models.
Duties could include
- Fully resource programmes, produce resource histograms, resource level programmes, understand and communicate the effect on programme schedules to project team
- Prepare robust tender and contract programmes
- Act as mentor to Junior Planning members to assist in their personal development
- Include appropriate financial data in the programme to produce a project cost/time distribution profile and communicate the results to the project team
- Display and analyse the project Critical Path and advise the project team of the results and any appropriate corrective action
- Produce/maintain project baselines and execute the change control process as appropriate
- Produce project reports/data directly from the planning software arranging the data to align with the company accounting software
- Understand and report on project using Earned Value Analysis techniques and interpret/communicate the results and any corrective action to the project team
- Produce programmes that satisfy contractual requirements
- All programmes and documentation to be produced to company practices and procedures
- Manage a portfolio of project programmes and supporting Planning Engineers/Junior Planning Engineers including supervision and checking of work