Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Mechanical Site Based Engineer
RATE: £20 - £25/ hr ltd
My client, Cavendish Nuclear, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish Nuclear is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and has offices and sites located across the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish Nuclear innovates to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and delivers across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle; from design and build, through to operations and maintenance, decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with the organisation is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When becoming part of the Cavendish Nuclear team, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Valid certification / NVQ Level 5 in related trade
- Exposure to working in an Industrial environment
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
- City & Guilds Level 5 (NVQ) CSCS/ECS also considered
- Able to collect, collate and manage asset survey data using Microsoft Excel
- Hands on site experience to physically identify asset systems and various asset types in hazardous low temp / High voltage/ Radioactive/ environment
- Hand on experience/ exposure in surveying the all or some or all of the following types of assets and verify using CAD drawings b. Mechanical, Hydraulics, Cryogenic asset / systems c. Heating, ventilation and Gas handling asset d. Pressure vessels, steam boilers and associated pipework, pressurised hot-water boilers, air compressors, air receivers and associated pipework, autoclaves, gas (eg LPG) storage tanks and chemical reaction vessels. e. Heating systems, ventilation and piping systems
- Hands on experience in developing RAMS statement, conducting Job risk assessment, reporting anomalies at work place
- Experience in performing operations route inspections in Industrial sites and confined spaces and identifying Industrial Hazards
- Hands on experience in capturing, describing asset condition and likely failure modes of asset systems and assets during asset survey
- Hands on experience in capturing the asset discrepancies between the drawing and as built systems
- Able to capture asset name plate from site and compare with asset register for a wide range of asset types
- Experience in supporting data collection for assessment of condition and performance of assets as part of reliability improvement programme
- Able to create asset hierarchy for surveyed asset and asset systems including exposure to Key Safety related Equipment's K(SRE)
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Speak to Ryan Dobie today