Principle Estimator / Cost Engineer
Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Principle Estimator / Cost Engineer
LOCATION: Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth
RATE: £35.00 - £45.00 per hour
My client is one of the UK's leading engineering solution providers based at Her Majesty's Naval Base, Devonport, the largest Naval Dockyard in North West Europe which employs in the region of 5,500 people. This is one of the three operating bases in the United Kingdom for the Royal Navy. They supply naval base support functions for the Ministry of Defence delivering critical in-service support and deep maintenance for the UK's military estate.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience of applying estimating, budgeting & cost control in a complex environment.
- Supervisory/managerial experience in an estimating environment.
- HNC level qualification in engineering / project / construction management or a related field.
- Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances)
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
- Ability to develop and agree scope/budgets for projects and/or programmes and controlling forecast and actual costs against them. This includes the provision of risk & opportunity analysis on these budgets and change management.
- Responsible for applying requirements management, budgeting & cost control, financial management, change management and benefits management.
- Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets incl Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW)
- Develop and maintain Project Risk & Opportunity registers and manage the mitigation actions
- Implementation of change management process on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements
- Provision of weekly and monthly performance & cost reports and associated analysis/narrative
- Lead on provision of estimates, resource and financial forecast data from the project into the business
- Cost estimate alignment between Primavera and IFS
Ensure a full and detailed understanding and interpretation of the Customer requirements incl. Project gate and phase reviews iaw the Project Life cycle
- Lead on the continuity between estimating and project delivery
- Development and maintenance of Project Assumptions/Exclusions and Dependencies logs
- Management of the project change register and associated impact assessments
- Ensuring that the schedule is cost loaded in line with the Baseline budgets
- Maintain project EAC's and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline
- Govern alignment of integrated schedule to project change register and budgets/forecasts
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.