Job DescriptionJOB TITLE: Senior Planning Engineer
LOCATION: AWE Aldermaston
RATE: £55.00 - £60.00 per hour ltd
My client, Cavendish Nuclear, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish Nuclear is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and has offices and sites located across the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish Nuclear innovates to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and delivers across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle; from design and build, through to operations and maintenance, decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with the organisation is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When becoming part of the Cavendish Nuclear team, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- HNC or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Planning experience in a project based engineering environment using Primavera planning software.
- Project planning and change management for small/medium/Large sized EPC projects.
- Worked with Project Managers to deliver successfully packages of work on major multi-disciplined projects.
- Supervised junior members of planning staff.
- Worked in a tender planning environment for EPC projects
To support Senior Project Managers and Projects Managers in the delivery of their projects by;
- Providing a high level Planning service for the preparation of project plans, producing baseline scheduled tasks, resource profiles and financial models.
- Prepare robust tender and contract programmes using the designated planning tools.
- Fully resource programmes, produce resource histograms, resource level programmes, understand and communicate the effect on programme schedules to project team.
- Include appropriate financial data in the programme to produce a project cost/time distribution profile and communicate the results to the project team.
- Display and analyse the project Critical Path and advise the project team of the results and any appropriate corrective action.
- Produce/maintain project baselines and execute the change control process as appropriate.
- Correctly record project progress in the programme (ensuring the planning software correctly calculates the data), reschedule programme to take effect of the progress data and communicate the results (schedule, resource and financial) to the project team and advise of any appropriate corrective action.
- Produce project reports/data directly from the planning software arranging the data to align with the company accounting software.
- Understand and report on project using Earned Value Analysis techniques and interpret/communicate the results and any corrective action to the project team.
- Produce programmes that satisfy contractual requirements incl. NEC3.
- All programmes and documentation to be produced to company practices and procedures
- Manage a portfolio of project programmes and supporting Planning Engineers/Junior Planning Engineers including supervision and checking of work to ensure that all work complies with company standards and procedures.
- Act as mentor to Junior Planning members to assist in their personal development.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.