Job DescriptionSenior Project Planner
Would you like to be involved in leading the planning strategy and oversight of projects which are pushing the boundaries of science and engineering here in the UK? Here at the UK Atomic Energy Authority, we are researching Fusion Energy and how to make it a reality! Engineers and Scientists from all over the world are involved in making Fusion a reality leading to a cleaner, green energy for the future.
You'll Orchestrate the development of complex project plans and resource forecasts, identifying optimisations in future work sequencing and resource management. Advising and influencing project managers and senior staff you'll act as a technical expert in the field of project planning, particularly with respect to specific acute project issues and a strategic look ahead
In your new role, you'll:
- lead and deliver project planning on the largest (>£30M) programme areas at UKAEA to a format, update / forecasting frequency and overhead agreed with the customer
- draw on expertise and experience to shape plan structures and monitoring methods
- find solutions to planning problems, and influence project managers in developing ameliorating response plans
- effectively liaise with the project team in the field to quantify progress, identify areas of underproductivity and trends in project performance
- develop critical path and options analysis, influencing execution strategy formation on large programmes;
- liaise with external parties / customers on planning matters, ensuring project compliance and timely information flow;
- peer review planning work undertaken by others in the planning and wider project team to ensure that it is of an approach that suits the project, is of a consistent standard and adheres to planning department protocol as set by the planning section leader
- assist in the development of standard plan structures and protocols for different levels of plan complexity, to be used by other planning team members
An in-depth experience in the implementation and thorough execution of project management processes and project planning in the context of large and complex projects;
An approachable person with excellent inter-personal skills able to seamlessly interact with people in all corners of the project
Ability to skilfully engage with people at all levels of the project to efficiently glean productivity information and identify trends
A good understanding of technical control processes;
Highly experienced in the use of Primavera with a working knowledge of Microsoft planning software;
Project management qualification preferred;
Degree or equivalent in engineering, physical sciences or related subject.
NOTE: This is a long-term competitive contract offered on Umbrella or PAYE basis only.
All offers are subject to undergoing basic security clearance (BPSS)
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.