Job DescriptionThe Hinkley Point C Project is one of the largest infrastructure projects in Europe. During the business construction phase over 5,600 people will work on the site. The project marks the rebirth of the UK's nuclear industry and will present invaluable opportunities for Somerset, the South West and wider UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on one of the largest and most significant construction and infrastructure projects in Europe.
You must have experience working on major construction projects in the main civils area.
As Construction Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Proactively communicating with other site teams and Delivery Managers to maintain good communication links, and ensure activity is well and timely reported.
- Contribute information on specific area to weekly and monthly reports, as well as issuing and maintaining performance and KPI indicators.
- Support team instructions to take temporary measures to mitigate and keep works safe and within Quality standards. Follow up by taking appropriate and proportionate action (e.g. issue communications, call meetings) to avoid the halt of works
- Develop the team with a good prospective of site activities (6 months ahead)
- Ensure the training of team individuals
- Ensure that the tasks are developed to programme and quality in accordance with the company's requirement for health, safety and environment.
- Ensure trade contractors and suppliers are resourced adequately to perform the works.
- Prepare and implement any necessary short term workface coordination programmes
- Coordinate with the activities of other Construction Delivery Managers
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the construction activities that must be completed and by when to permit commissioning processes to commence
Candidates for the position of Construction Delivery Manager will have the following key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Broad knowledge of construction techniques, specifically within civil engineering for main civils
- Ability to build, manage, motivate and develop high performing teams
- Experience of report writing
- Extensive experience in delivery of complex heavy civil engineering projects
- HND of equivalent in a Civil Engineering of Construction Related Subject
All candidates will need to be able to obtain a UK security clearance for work on nuclear sites, which includes a criminal record check.
The position is a long term contract, with opportunities to move into varying positions as the project matures.
Rate is £350 - £425/day (+ 33 days paid leave). Candidates must be prepared to work on a PAYE basis.
For more information, please contact Kay Hemsley at Rullion on 0203 201 1215.
Speak to Kay Hemsley today