Head of Engineering
Job DescriptionRullion are working exclusively with a fantastic client who are on a journey of growth and development. The company is a global market leader that has acquired over 150 years of specialist knowledge in black and white photographic products and a unique portfolio of equipment, facilities and expertise. This historic site, set in beautiful surroundings, is looking to regenerate and progress.
Responsibilities & Duties:
They are looking to appoint a Head of Engineering to drive change, innovation and continuous improvements across their site. You will be responsible for leading the engineering function and a team of engineers (30+) who operate across the site.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive culture change and encourage innovative solutions and creative forums.
- Lead, develop and inspire the engineering team.
- Develop and deliver the engineering strategy in line with Company strategy.
- Responsible for enabling the day to day operational running of the production process and the site infrastructure.
- Provision of sound technical guidance to engineering teams and production operations.
- Proactive identification of capital projects / replacement kit and opportunities for innovation, risk mitigation, cost reduction and continuous improvements in line/ site efficiency, waste reduction etc.
- Project management, planning and cost control of all engineering requirements across site.
- Ensuring compliance with current HSE legislation and quality standards.
Required Skills & Experience
- Chartered Engineer with relevant Engineering Degree in a mechanical or electrical discipline
- Significant Leadership & Management experience of Production Engineering in a medium sized dynamic manufacturing or industrial environment
- Demonstrate gravitas and credibility to lead at a senior level
- Proven change management exposure, experience and success
- Extensive experience of Capital Project management, typically > £500k
- Experience of leading continuous improvement activities with an engineering discipline e.g. Root cause analysis
- Analytical mind, capable of evaluating and solving complex problems
- Strong focus on HSE legislation and standards
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline driven environment
- Proficient interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Influential at all levels including the Board
Competent prioritisation and organisational skills, including Project management capability to keep projects, processes and the engineering team on track
- Proficient computer skills particularly in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Salary & Benefits
Flexible day pattern, no shifts - With the option to extend holiday allowance
Excellent holiday entitlement, above the market comparators
Time off/paid leave for personal appointments
Free onsite parking
Access to on site occupational health and counselling services
Quarterly & Annual staff prize draws
You will be supported by a company that allows you the autonomy to make a difference and bring your valued skills to the fore. If you are excited by technical challenges, interested by diverse working and strive to make a difference then apply now!
Please contact Emma Godfrey at Rullion HQ to apply for this unique opportunity.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.