Location: Culham, South East England, United Kingdom
Job Description Do you have an interest in emerging technology and robotic systems?
Do you have experience originating and progressing designs from concept through detailed design to prototyping?
Have you worked in design and development of complex mechanisms and machinery?
Come and join the team at RACE, (Remote Applications in Challenging Environments). We design Remote Handling equipment for fusion and non-fusion applications in challenging environments according to established project methodology. This will involve understanding and clarifying customer specifications, designing creative solutions to new problems, and managing medium sized projects to agreed time, quality and cost. Working at our unique, newly built facility in Culham, Oxfordshire.
RACE is part of UK Atomic Energy Authority, and together they are working help shape the future of the world`s energy playing a part in our carbon-free energy future.
- Develop and interpret functional requirements.
- Work on the specification and design of remote handling mechanical robotic devices and tooling from concept through systems specifications to detail designs
- Drive and complete complex design activities within allotted time and with high efficiency, and ensuring designs are compliant with correct design files.
- Create costed proposals.
- Manage the acceptance, testing and commissioning of complex remote systems
- A proven history of leading design projects through to manufacture and testing and a thorough understanding of the design process.
- A recognised mechanical engineering degree or equivalent.
- Experience in the interpretation of design substantiation analysis and determining and implementing appropriate design corrections.
- Proficiency in generating technical documents and specifications.
- Ability to work as part of a larger team or group with international colleagues and collaborators
Please note, on this site we are only able to offer contracts on a PAYE or Umbrella basis.
All successful applicants must undertake BPSS clearance.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.