Hours: 25 hours per week
9am-3pm Monday-Friday. Six hours a day, including a one hour unpaid lunch break
A bit more about the role
You will be based in the labs at the United Utilities head offices in Warrington, overseeing and supporting the day-to-day operations of the laboratories. Please note, due to potential use of chemicals we would like to specify the opportunity is only applicable for 18 years plus. You can expect to:
- Receive samples into the laboratory
- Aid with direct production activities
- Distribute samples out to analytical teams within the laboratory
- Support ongoing workloads and projects within Scientific Services
- Participate in activities necessary for the efficient operation of an analytical production laboratory
- Operate flexibly across analytical areas in basic tests
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Use of Excel, Word, LIMS, PowerPoint and other relevant data handling tools and software
- Communicate with the laboratory analytical team
- Work safely and adhere to COSHH and risk assessments for working practices
- Work well in a team
Should your application be successful, and you are offered the job placement, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed to include a Disclosure Barring service and/or a Credit check.
Diversity information is used for monitoring and reporting purposes only and will not be considered as part of the recruitment process.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.