Senior Systems Management Engineer
Are you looking for a role working for a forward thinking Digital Services team where they need you to ensure systems management platforms and associated services are available and reliable 24/7/365, then look no further.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Management Engineer to join our team in Digital Services. You will undertake routine and non-routine general build, provisioning, support, maintenance, availability and the lifecycle management of systems management infrastructure and associated software technologies underpinning United Utilities current and future IT strategy.
Our team of over 300 digital experts are a diverse bunch and making an impact on society and the environment is important to us. We'd love for you to join the team in this challenging but exciting role.
What you will do
- We will need to you to ensure systems management platforms and associated services are reliable and their availability 24/7/365.
- You will need to ensure performance, optimisation and tuning of systems management and services associated with this role.
- We will need you to be the Subject matter expert for general configurations, implementations and operational requirements.
- You will also be responsible for the build, maintenance and configuration relating to system upgrades, new technologies or project delivery in accordance with standards whilst Ensuring IT systems and services comply with regulatory and legal requirements like GDPR, NIS directive, etc.
- You will also ensure effective security is developed and maintained within systems and services which meets current and foreseeable business needs in accordance with United Utilities policies and industry security best practice.
What You'll Bring
- You will need to have a good understanding and knowledge of Operating Systems, like Windows, Linux and Solaris.
- We need someone who has good knowledge and experience of Microsoft System Center and associated technologies with experience of supporting one of SCOM, SCCM or SCORCHand experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Shell and Bash scripts, Perl, Python etc.
So, if you want to join a FTSE 100 company, that wants to disrupt the water industry with technology and you want to make a positive change in the world please apply below and tell us about yourself.
This role is based at our fantastic Lingley Mere head office site, where you will have access to a variety of onsite facilities including free parking, on-site gym, restaurant and coffee shop.
We also have some lovely scenic walks available onsite for those who enjoy the outdoors.
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll also be entitled to some extra perks including:
- Access to a great pension scheme
- Competitive annual leave entitlement
- The option to buy additional holidays or to sell some of your holiday entitlement back
- Eligibility to join our employee Share Scheme, enabling you to buy shares in the company directly out of your salary
- Access to a company performance-related bonus scheme
- Tax and National Insurance-efficient initiatives, such as childcare vouchers and discounted healthcare and dental plans
- Free transport to work if you travel from the Warrington Interchange to our Lingley Mere site using our free shuttle bus service
- Discounted childcare rates at our Lingley Mere nursery for children aged 0-5
- Discounted gym membership at on-site gym at Lingley Mere
- Generous maternity and adoption benefits plus paternity and shared parental leave
- Access to range of family friendly policies to help you balance your work and home life