GIS Technical Specialist
Technology and water don't go together, right? Wrong. We're using the latest technology to deliver vital water to millions of people across the North West.
Are you looking for a new challenge and want to join a team of Digital Experts?
We are looking for a GIS Technical Specialist to join our team in the Digital Data & Analytics team within Digital Services.
Our team of over 300 digital experts are a diverse bunch and making an impact on society and the environment is important to us.
Our Digital Data and Analytics area is made up of a team of 77, with 20 plus of the team sitting within the GIS space, so you will be joining and supported by a great team around you.
What you will do
- You will responsible for creating an integrated GIS data service by managing and transforming spatial data so that it can be utilised effectively across the organisation.
- You will provide technical support to the GIS Manager and to the GIS users, delivering high quality preparation, transformation and analysis of GIS data to provide the business with the ability to effectively utilise spatial data.
- You will Integrate spatial data between GIS, network modelling software, CAD and associated applications and manage the transformation and update of business data for presentation within the GIS.
- You will Create continuous improvement of the GIS service and develop more effective processes for the creation and management of GIS data.
- You will develop new GIS products in conjunction with the application support team and assist with the prioritisation of fix and change work.
- We will need you to Deliver high levels of customer service by understanding customer requirements, benchmarking best practice and identifying process improvements.
What you will bring
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or able to demonstrate suitable relevant experience is what we are looking for.
- Fantastic experience in ESRI ArcGIS technologies
- Lots of your expert knowledge of Mobile GIS tools, developing in ArcGIS online
So, if you want to join a FTSE 100 company, that wants to disrupt the water industry with technology, and you want to make a positive change in the world please apply below and tell us about yourself.
This role is based at our fantastic Lingley Mere head office site, where you will have access to a variety of onsite facilities including free parking, on-site gym, restaurant and coffee shop.
We also have some lovely scenic walks available onsite for those who enjoy the outdoors.
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll also be entitled to some extra perks including:
- Access to a great pension scheme
- Competitive annual leave entitlement
- The option to buy additional holidays or to sell some of your holiday entitlement back
- Eligibility to join our employee Share Scheme, enabling you to buy shares in the company directly out of your salary
- Access to a company performance-related bonus scheme
- Tax and National Insurance-efficient initiatives, such as childcare vouchers and discounted healthcare and dental plans
- Free transport to work if you travel from the Warrington Interchange to our Lingley Mere site using our free shuttle bus service
- Discounted childcare rates at our Lingley Mere nursery for children aged 0-5
- Discounted gym membership at on-site gym at Lingley Mere
- Generous maternity and adoption benefits plus paternity and shared parental leave
- Access to range of family friendly policies to help you balance your work and home life
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.