Do you want to be part of making a positive change in the world? To do work that matters? We are in the thick of our task at hand, to transform our Victorian infrastructure through technology!
We are looking to hire a number of Domain Architects to join our Digital Strategy and Planning team within Digital Services.
Our team of over 300 digital experts are a diverse bunch and making an impact on society and the environment is important to us.
Our Strategy and Planning business area is a team of 45 Architects, Operational Technical Engineers, Governance, Portfolio Management and Change Management that all strategize and plan for a huge variety of assets.
What You'll Do
- You will be responsible for aligning the Domain digital technology strategy to our strategic direction to support the key business unit, company and customer challenges.
- You will integrate the Domain strategy across all key digital domains (Technology, Data, People, Process) and align that to customer needs.
- Develop the digital architectural standards against which digital asset roadmaps, investment, project design and customer solutions should be developed within their Domain.
- Working with our Technology Architects and Engineers you will identify, describe and document the digital technology strategy.
- To progress our digital evolution, you will be pivotal in identifying the levels of digital disruption necessary within their domain
- It's important that you drive a customer and stakeholder plan of proactive engagement and ensure that plan is executed.
What You'll Bring
- You will be qualified to degree level, ideally with post-degree professional qualification or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- You will have experience of providing Architectural Leadership, Technical Authority & Governance of architects (internal and external) working on projects within their Domain and ensure technology elements of strategy are understood, applied and followed.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate that you are able to integrate the Domain Strategy across all Key Digital Domains.
- A deep understanding of emerging digital technology trends, disruptive technologies and strategies across multiple markets and sectors will be important.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must as you will be managing effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- A strong strategic thinker that can contribute to the development of strategy, visions and outcomes and a strong problem solver.
- Proven commercial experience dealing with 3rd parties.
Working at United Utilities, you'll continuously make a positive impact on society, providing an essential service to millions of people as well as playing a huge role in creating a cleaner, greener environment by ultimately reducing water waste & improving water quality across the North West using innovative technology. After all, we're responsible for the one product that everybody on the planet needs!
So, if you want to join at FTSE 100 company, that wants to disrupt the water industry with technology, and you want to make a positive change in the world please apply below and tell us about yourself.
This role is based at our fantastic Lingley Mere head office site, where you will have access to a variety of onsite facilities including free parking, on-site gym, restaurant and coffee shop.
We also have some lovely scenic walks available onsite for those who enjoy the outdoors.
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll also be entitled to some extra perks including:
- Access to a great pension scheme
- Competitive annual leave entitlement
- The option to buy additional holidays or to sell some of your holiday entitlement back
- Eligibility to join our employee Share Scheme, enabling you to buy shares in the company directly out of your salary
- Access to a company performance-related bonus scheme
- Tax and National Insurance-efficient initiatives, such as childcare vouchers and discounted healthcare and dental plans
- Free transport to work if you travel from the Warrington Interchange to our Lingley Mere site using our free shuttle bus service
- Discounted childcare rates at our Lingley Mere nursery for children aged 0-5
- Discounted gym membership at on-site gym at Lingley Mere
- Generous maternity and adoption benefits plus paternity and shared parental leave
- Access to range of family friendly policies to help you balance your work and home life
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.