Digital Asset Management Lead
Do you want to do work that matters and be part of a team of diverse Digital experts who are transforming Victorian infrastructure through technology?
We are looking for a Digital Software Asset Manager to join our Digital Strategy and Planning team within Digital Services.
Our team of over 300 digital experts are a diverse bunch and making an impact on society and the environment is important to us.
Our Strategy and Planning business area is a team of 45 Architects, Operational Technical Engineers, Governance, Portfolio Management and Change Management that all strategize and plan for a huge variety of assets.
As the Digital Asset Software Manager, you will lead commercial relationships with IT and Software vendors, minimising risk and driving effective and efficient licensing models.
What You'll Do
- You will lead using an accurate assessment of risk, through being commercially astute and highly skilled in commercial software management.
- Demonstrating excellent communication skills, you will be the key liaison between IT and key 3rd party software suppliers with the ability to hold complex licence discussions with key stakeholders.
- You will contribute to Service Design, transition, service level management and operations to ensure SLA's are agreed.
- You will need to demonstrate a proactive, can do attitude on projects ensuring the most efficient licensing model is in place in addition to collecting and maintaining inventories and data to manage the IT asset through its life cycle.
- With excellent negotiation skills, you will interpret vendor licence models and assessments on the impacts to the business of the wider licence implications, negotiating optimal deals will be key.
- You will have the ability to confidently and promptly summarise, estimate and theorise license positions, requirements and implications, supporting strategic discussions and developments and at conceptual stages, in lieu of more detailed thorough analysis.
- An understanding of common IT Infrastructure architecture principles and current/trending technologies and how they influence licensing considerations and positions.
What You'll Bring
- You will demonstrate proven experience in commercial software and licence management.
- A proven ability to manage multiple changeable and sometimes competing priorities and workloads, profiling urgency, risk and business value to target time, effort and resource effectively.
Working at United Utilities, you'll continuously make a positive impact on society, providing an essential service to millions of people as well as playing a huge role in creating a cleaner, greener environment by ultimately reducing water waste & improving water quality across the North West using innovative technology. After all, we're responsible for the one product that everybody in the planet needs!
So, if you want to join a FTSE 100 company, that wants to disrupt the water industry with technology and you want to make a positive change in the world please apply below and tell us about yourself.
This role is based at our fantastic Lingley Mere head office site, where you will have access to a variety of onsite facilities including free parking, on-site gym, restaurant and coffee shop.
We also have some lovely scenic walks available onsite for those who enjoy the outdoors.
In addition to a competitive salary, you'll also be entitled to some extra perks including:
- Access to a great pension scheme
- Competitive annual leave entitlement
- The option to buy additional holidays or to sell some of your holiday entitlement back
- Eligibility to join our employee Share Scheme, enabling you to buy shares in the company directly out of your salary
- Access to a company performance-related bonus scheme
- Tax and National Insurance-efficient initiatives, such as childcare vouchers and discounted healthcare and dental plans
- Free transport to work if you travel from the Warrington Interchange to our Lingley Mere site using our free shuttle bus service
- Discounted childcare rates at our Lingley Mere nursery for children aged 0-5
- Discounted gym membership at on-site gym at Lingley Mere
- Generous maternity and adoption benefits plus paternity and shared parental leave
- Access to range of family friendly policies to help you balance your work and home life
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.