Do you want to innovate with technology? We’re using the latest technology to do things the water industry has never done before.
We are looking to hire an Application Lead to join our team in Digital Services at United Utilities. Our team of over 300 digital experts are a diverse bunch and making an impact on society and the environment is important to us.
Our Digital Operations team provide 24/7/365 support to the whole estate be that mobile phones, laptops or desktops, and applications to technology that power and run our water and wastewater treatment works – we keep it all safe and secure to ensure that we get the one product that everybody on the planet needs – water!
We are focused on transforming to new ways of working with new emerging technology so this is a great opportunity to join us to learn, develop and grow your career.
As an Application Lead (SAP), you will work within a team of business process and technical experts who support, maintain and develop a number of products and systems.
What you’ll do
- You will analyse, design, develop and quality assure highly complex business process procedures, programs and software solutions to meet user requirements
- You will drive improved efficiency of digital products and processes to deliver an improved customer experience and service at optimised cost
- You will review and coordinate activities to identify, manage and mitigate risks associated to digital product
- As well as maintain, manage and prioritise product release schedules for the systems, you will manage internal and/or 3rd party resource to ensure all support and maintenance activities are covered in line with product support agreements (including 24/7)
- As the Application Lead within the team, deputise for the Product Support Manager and other Application Leads
- You will develop and manage a product minor enhancement process validating, prioritising and co-ordinating with Product Owners
What you’ll bring
- We’re looking for someone who possess in-depth technical expertise across SAP Basis/NetWeaver, supporting multiple deployments of SAP systems with associated principles and standards
- You will demonstrate competence in SAP deployment methodologies, Solution Manager and SAP Oracle database administration
- We need candidates who demonstrate extensive working knowledge of application technologies such as SAP, Oracle, Salesforce or other ERP technologies
So, if you want to join at FTSE 100 company, that wants to disrupt the water industry with technology, and you want to make a positive change in the world, we would like to hear from you
This role is based at our fantastic Lingley Mere head office site, where you will have access to a variety of onsite facilities including free parking, on-site gym, restaurant and coffee shop.
We also have some lovely scenic walks available onsite for those who enjoy the outdoors.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll also be entitled to some extra perks including:
- Access to a great pension scheme
- Competitive annual leave entitlement
- The option to buy additional holidays or to sell some of your holiday entitlement back
- Eligibility to join our employee Share Scheme, enabling you to buy shares in the company directly out of your salary
- Access to a company performance-related bonus scheme
- Tax and National Insurance-efficient initiatives, such as childcare vouchers and discounted healthcare and dental plans
- Free transport to work if you travel from the Warrington Interchange to our Lingley Mere site using our free shuttle bus service
- Discounted childcare rates at our Lingley Mere nursery for children aged 0-5
- Discounted gym membership at on-site gym at Lingley Mere
- Generous maternity and adoption benefits plus paternity and shared parental leave.
- Access to range of family friendly policies to help you balance your work and home life
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.