Who we are
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) is responsible for delivering Greater Manchester’s transport strategy and commitments.
Our employees are key to us succeeding and with increasing responsibilities, due to Northern Powerhouse and Devolution, transport is vital to the growth and success of the Region.
Our IT team is working on state-of-the-art projects that are changing the way people travel and live in Greater Manchester. That's why we have a range of IT vacancies that require different skills and experience and we are looking for innovative and ambitious professionals to join us.
- Free travel on rail or Metrolink trams between home and work, within Greater Manchester
- Free bus travel within Greater Manchester
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to pay for healthcare cover at preferential rates
- Learning and development to support you in your role and career
- Family friendly entitlements (inc. child care vouchers)
- Cycle loan scheme
- A scheme to reward employees who go the extra mile
Diversity & Inclusion at TfGM
At TfGM we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are actively building a diverse workforce and want to create an inclusive environment as we recognise the importance of our workforce reflecting the communities we serve.
We are particularly keen to encourage applications from women, members of ethnic minority groups and people with disabilities who are currently under-represented.
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, all applications will be considered on their own merit.
We positively consider any request for flexible working.