Head of Practice
- Date Posted: 11 August 2019
- £50,000-£60,000 plus car allowance and commission
Rullion has grown into one of the most successful recruitment companies in the UK.
We operate in three key categories to provide bespoke talent solutions:
- Staffing Solutions - where our journey began almost 40 years ago, covering volume recruitment, contingency, retained search and specialist skill projects across Engineering, IT, Commercial and Construction
- Managed Solutions - Providing outsourced recruitment services to some of the UK's best known brands, either as a Managed Service Provider (MSP) or Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
- Talent Consultancy - offering tailored solutions to businesses through long-term strategic partnerships, utilising data analysis and insight to improve talent attraction and discovery
The Head of Practice role is a newly created position in our Engineering / Infrastructure Staffing Solutions division, with a focus on effective management of the existing team and ensuring further growth both in terms of headcount and financial performance.
Basic salary on offer is between £50,000-£60,000 dependent on experience, with car allowance and commission scheme based on the team’s performance. Additional benefits include pension scheme, remote and flexible working policies, holiday purchase scheme, long service awards (including sabbaticals, weekends away, vouchers) and various other incentives.
Summary of the Role
As Head of Practice, you will be leading the Engineering / Infrastructure division in our Altrincham head office, which is one of our most established markets within the organisation, and where we have an enviable reputation in the sector. Reporting into the Executive Director, you will have operational responsibility for ensuring the continued performance of the existing team, and driving further growth in terms of profitability. You will also have a client-facing role, engaging and nurturing existing key accounts to expand our existing footprint, as well as supporting the consultants with their own business development.
- Develop and implement the sales strategy, recruitment and growth of the department
- To develop and grow business opportunities from new and existing accounts through effective account management principles, and marketing of candidates / services
- To develop customer Service Level Agreements to ensure clients receive a high quality service
- Overall day to day management of the department and staff performance
- Ensure team members are actively involved in the provision of excellent customer relations and the service of all client requirements
- Regularly liaise with the client contacts in order to maintain an awareness of their requirements and to keep the client informed about Rullion’s range of services
- Show innovation with clients by offering services or MI outside of their specified requirements, and look to develop cross-selling opportunities for other areas of our business
- Ensure that your team are supported and mentored in their development to achieve objectives and targets
- Oversee the Client Service review process
- Oversee the resourcing of live requirements by your team ensuring exceptional service is provided at all times
- Coach team members in all aspects of their roles
- In conjunction with the Bids and Tenders team, support in the preparation and presentation of tenders for local and national business
- Understand and ensure that working practices are compliant with all legislation and company policies and procedures
Qualifications, skills & experience
- Previous experience of working in the recruitment sector at a senior level essential
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Successful delivery against financial and non-financial targets
- Working knowledge of the UK Engineering market
- Strong sales and marketing background
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills with the ability to converse at all levels
- Highly driven to achieve results
- Commercially astute
- Innovative and change orientated
- Self motivated with the ability to motivate others
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
- Contract: Permanent
- Schedule: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Reference: RULLION00146
Have a query about our application process?
Check our FAQs for more information.